Assistant Bookstore Manager ~ Part-time
Concord Church Position Description
Job Title: Assistant Bookstore Manager
Reports to: Bookstore Manager
Updated: December 1, 2015
The position supports the Bookstore Manager with customer service, cash handling, product merchandising, and inventory management.
The Assistant Bookstore Manager exhibits the seven Core Values of Concord Church:
- Dedication to Personal Growth - Is intentional about personal development as a man/woman, believer, and a staff member. Ephesians 5:15-21
- Dedication to H.I.T. (Honesty, Integrity and Truthfulness) - Able to confront self and others by being truthful with a spirit of love. Ephesians 4:14-32
- Effective Communication - Communicates using the THINK methodology (is True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and Kind). Psalm 15
- Servant's Heart - Will possess compassion for others and a kind spirit. Philippians 2:3-16
- Team Spirit - Supports the team by having a strong work ethic, being responsive to deadlines, exhibiting professionalism at all times, actively works to resolve any conflicts that arise, and is flexible whenever necessary. Galatians 6:1-7
- Loyalty - Committed to God's will, the Executive Pastor's vision, the church's mission and vision, follows leadership, and supports the entire team. 1 Peter 2:13-25
- Work hard, Play hard - Carries out job responsibilities with passion and completes the necessary tasks to accomplish the church's mission and vision. Proverbs 17:22
- Assists with the opening and closing of the bookstore.
- Manages bookstore cash transactions, including the daily operations of the cash registers, batch postings, deposits, and balancing the register.
- Assists with bookstore inventory, including purchase orders and special order requests, verify receipt of and reconciling packing slips with PO's, point of sale software and system tracking of items ordered and received, promotional offers, pricing, labeling, discounting, stocking and storage of inventory.
- Fulfills online orders and assist with online order reconciliation.
- Completes daily sales reports.
- Creates product displays and arranges merchandise to promote sales.
- Assists bookstore customers with inquiries, problem resolutions, purchases, returns/exchanges, and other customer service issues.
- Attends and successfully completes all training required by Concord Church.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position supervises Bookstore employees and Bookstore volunteers in the absence of the Bookstore Manager.
Education and Experience
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. Some prior retail experience is preferred but not required.
An employee in this position position primarily works in a typical office or retail bookstore environment, is generally sedentary, and uses computers, calculators, phones, and other office equipment to draft fulfill the position duties. An employee in this position is required to walk, hear, speak, and stand to interact with customers, church members, and volunteers. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and stock bookstore merchandise. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through complex church business situations is required. A flexible schedule is required since this position requires evening and weekend work. This position may be expected to work overtime.
No travel is required for this position.
Concord Church Membership
This position is not required to be a member of Concord Church. Employees in this position are expected to sincerely hold the same religious beliefs as expressed by Concord Church.
Founded in 1975, Concord Church is a vibrant church nestled in the southern sector of Dallas, TX.
Our Mission: People growing people by connecting them to their next step with Christ.
** Boldness for Christ Unapologetically representing Christ to the world.
** Passion for People Intentionally cultivating life-giving relationships.
** Catalyst for Change Relentlessly transforming our city.
** Hunger for More Radically pursuing what God has next for me.
Each week, more than 5,500 members attend Sunday worship services on our campus and another 1,000 plus worship with us online. We currently employ approximately 60 full-time and 50 part-time staff members.
Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:55:22 PDT