College Associate - Part-Time (50%)-Internal
General Statement of Job
To provide teaching discipline-related assistance to an Austin Community College (ACC) non-academic department.
Location Highland Campus Hours 20 hours/week as assigned; M-F, flexible hours including some evenings. Salary Salary is assigned according to the Adjunct Faculty Salary Scale. FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Supervisor, AARP BACK TO WORK 50+ Coaching Services Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Performs several duties including correspondence, ordering supplies and equipment, maintaining files, compiling and recording students' information, and other tracking systems.
- Provides information to students in one-on-one and group sessions on various aspects of the grant program.
- Monitor student progress and participates in other student success initiatives or projects as needed.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Processes and procedures related to departmental functions.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal an communication skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use educational software.
Required Work Experience
- To be hired in this position, the candidate must be an adjunct faculty member who is currently teaching or has taught at least one course within the prior 12 months for Austin Community College.
- Selection as a College Associate does not affect priority status in staffing for upcoming courses. Instructional departments are solely responsible for determination of priority in e-staffing.
Preferred Work Experience
- Work experience with federal grants.
- Educational requirements for related teaching discipline in accordance with SACSCOC accreditation standards. See Faculty Credentials at www.austincc.edu/facstaff/faculty-credentials. No substitution for educational requirements.
- Reliable transportation may be required for work in multiple campus locations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings.
- Work is performed in a standard office or classroom environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.