Communications Process Architect - Public Affairs (A1700480)
Communications Process Architect
Public Affairs is searching for a Communication Process Architect.
As part of the Public Affairs team, the Communication process Architect will play a significant role in the development and implementation of strategic campus communications and public relations activities. This position is responsible for developing and documenting systems and processes for key Public Affairs functions and success metric analysis, as well as managing various public affairs projects and leading internal departmental communications efforts.
The Communication Process Architect reports to the Associate Chancellor for Public Affairs and will be actively and extensively involved with the development of new, creative approaches to build recognition of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign among key constituents in Illinois, across the country and in critical international markets.
We're looking for a great process architect and communicator who understands how to build and maintain systems that help us share our Illinois pride in more strategic, focused and measureable ways.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain systems and structures to document public affairs processes.
- Research, adapt, implement and maintain project management tools for public affairs projects.
- Collaborate with Tech Services and the UI Foundation to leverage existing analytical tools to measure success of communication efforts.
- Provide expertise on documentation, project management tools and analytics within the unit and to communications professionals across campus.
- Lead internal communications for Public Affairs.
- Provide communications support for the Chief Communications Officer group and the Campus Communications Council.
- Organize and manage Public Affairs "Brand U" annual conference.
- Work closely with the associate chancellor to manage key public affairs projects.
- Conceive, initiate, coordinate and manage team-based projects across complex institutions or organizations.
- Conduct research, writing, editing as needed to support the associate chancellor.
- Handle responses to Freedom of Information Act requests when needed.
- Recruit, supervise and train student interns or academic hourlies to assist with relevant and appropriate duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in higher education; including at least five years in the University of Illinois System.
- Knowledge of the University of Illinois and its processes and operations
- Experience with establishing systems and structures to document processes.
- Experience in using project management tools.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with communications and marketing in a public, higher educational setting.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in team-based, dynamic environment that involves diverse group of developers, journalists, designers and videographers.
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure.
- Must be able to work independently and to exercise excellent judgment and discretion, especially in the handling of confidential and/or sensitive issue and information.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master's in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining organizational processes and documentation approaches.
- Experience in project management.
- Familiarity with the communications operations, policies and practices at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Experience in crisis communications in a higher education environment.
This is a full-time regular academic professional position. Start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For full consideration, create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, a resume and the names, addresses, email and phone numbers of three professional references by close date of August 18, 2017. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Pam Steele, Public Affairs, 217/333-5010 or email@example.com. For more information about Public Affairs, visit publicaffairs.illinois.edu.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Public Affairs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Communications Process Architect - Public Affairs (A1700480)
Open Date: 08/04/2017
Close Date: 08/18/2017
Organization Name: Public Affairs