Help Desk Analyst
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 08-04-2017
This position is part of the Technology Support Center team providing service desk and operations center services to the entire University population. The position would assist in the provision of all Technology Support Center services, including assisting users with technical issues through email, chat, web form and phone or in person contacts, accurately documenting, routing and escalating incidents, fulfilling service requests, and providing timely and accurate outage notification reports according to established procedures.
This position will provide superior customer support for systems utilized by the entire campus as well as build and maintain appropriate levels of familiarity and skill with identified enterprise applications in order to provide immediate support and long-term retention (knowledge base). Additionally, the position will serve as a communications channel between all departments related to the University enterprise systems.
This position will also be part of the Knowledge Team and will assist with the creation and auditing of knowledge articles. As part of the Knowledge Team, the employee will attend regular team meetings and work with other areas on campus as directed by the Knowledge Team Lead.
The incumbent will learn, utilize, and continuously improve the service desk system used by the department for Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) functions (incident, change, problem, knowledge, and communication management).
1. High School Graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling one year from the following categories:
a. Progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession
b. College course work which included Information Technology (IT), or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent (60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one year)
3. Proven customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse constituency
4. Ability to interact and work effectively in a team environment
5. Ability to critically reason through troubleshooting scenarios and possess a high degree of current technical knowledge on a variety of operating systems, applications and mobile devices
6. Demonstrated ability to follow established procedures, even in a high pressure situation
7. Ability to effectively multitask and self-manage assigned projects and daily tasks in an environment with shifting priorities
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills
9. Proven analytical problem solving skills and the ability to research complex problems independently
10. Experience using Help Desk ticketing software.
11. Experience with incident troubleshooting escalation.
12. Experience with and aptitude for the creation of knowledge base articles and/or technical documentation.
13. Foundation qualification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITILv3) or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
14. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technology discipline
2. Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certification
3. HDI Certification or similar
4. Experience working in a Knowledge Centered Support-driven Help Desk.
5. Experience working with an incident tracking system
6. Experience providing support in a higher education environment
7. Experience developing and facilitating an employee-training program.
8. Experience supporting both Windows and Mac operating systems, as well as a variety of mobile operating systems (Android, iOS, etc.), common browsers and applications such as Microsoft Office
9. Experience working in a call center, preferably technical call center
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.