Import Logistics Manager
Four Hands, a leader in home furniture product development and distribution, is seeking a talented, versatile, best in class individual to lead our Import Logistics team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate command of knowledge of import logistics, freight contracts, strong cross functional leadership skills, and a track record of success in driving positive and continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with freight forwarders, and carriers for all international transportation of goods.
- Direct customs brokers for timely and accurate filing of import entries.
- Responsible for evaluating and negotiating ocean freight contracts to ensure that the best cost and service level is achieved
- Work with service providers on special rate request, air quotes, LCLs, etc.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with service providers
- Oversee the logistics department in all of its capacity
- Manage the flow of all inbound containers from booking date to arrival date
- Ensure all shipments are customs and NAFTA complaint
- Approve bill of lading drafts for customer carrier shipments
- Coordinate with overseas team to ensure timely delivery of shipments
- Manage C-TPAT certification and work with upper management to adhere to requirements
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Initiate and participate in cross-functional project teams to drive process improvements in this area
- Other responsibilities as needed
- BA/BS degree required
- 8+ years of years of experience managing import/export shipments, ocean freight contracts, freight forwarders and national/international logistics
- Working knowledge of US Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Process-oriented mindset with superior analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
- In depth knowledge and experience with various ERP systems, implementation teams, and/or designated power-user
- Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite - Mastery level Excel skills
- Good time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks being key
Four Hands is the industry's one-stop resource for lifestyle home furnishings, delivering the best in product, design, quality, value, customer service, innovative sales/marketing programs and global supply chain management. Our customers range from small individual retailers all over the globe to large multi-store regional and national chains that we work with on exclusive product development and container programs. In addition, interior and commercial designers rely on Four Hands everyday as an innovative design and business partner. Over the last 15 years, Four Hands has grown from importer to providing retail solutions and resources for our customers. Today, we deliver an incredible array of brands that offer designs for any style and price points for any budget. Four Hands has an unwavering passion for creating high-quality, thoughtfully designed home furnishings that inspire the soul.
As the ultimate explorers of style, we literally and quite happily go to the ends of the earth in search of the optimal blend of cultural influences for our award-winning furniture collections. We have spread our wings, sparking a passion for creativity and expanding beyond our strong ethnic origins into traditional, transitional and modern design.
Four Hands is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fri, 4 Aug 2017 09:55:03 PDT