Grants Administrative Assistant
Requisition # 2017-7390
Department Molecular Biology
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 8/4/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Department of Molecular Biology is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support a team of five grants managers. The individual in this position will play an important role in performing supportive but necessary tasks for grants administration through the length of this three year term.
The individual will perform tasks such as entering cost transfer information into University financial systems, accessing and downloading monthly financial reports for faculty grants, setting up files for each new grant, and entering information required for closing accounts. This individual will also be responsible for communicating with the department chair about limited submission award opportunities, forwarding decisions to the grants managers, and ensuring that submissions are made in a timely manner. The individual will also update the departmental fellowship database.
Many of the tasks that this individual will perform involve data entry into and extraction from the financial systems at the University. Key responsibilities will include:
- Entering cost transfer and labor accounting information provided by grant managers into University financial systems.
- Extracting monthly financial reports on faculty grants and filing/forwarding those as appropriate; reviewing reports for significant under or overspending and notifying grants managers. Performing searches for unallowable costs on faculty grants and providing those to grants managers.
- Taking responsibility for limited submissions in the department - from forwarding to chair for a nomination, to communicating with the faculty member and her/his grants manager, to reminding the team about deadlines and tracking nominations, successful candidates, and award results.
- Maintaining departmental fellowship database and other administrative tasks related to fellowships. Updating departmental database with grants and support information for the use of the rest of the department.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years related work experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, and Word, and have a solid knowledge of accounting basics.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is vital for data entry in audited accounts.
- Enthusiasm for playing a supportive role in an essential research function.
- Discretion necessary due to the sensitive nature of grants information.
- Familiarity with University financial systems including the Information Warehouse and COEUS is desirable but not required.
This is a 3-year term position with the possibility for renewal.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
Three year term position with possibility of renewal.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.