Pre Press Technical Manager
Curtis Packaging is currently recruiting for a Pre-press Technical Manager. This position reports to the VP of Operations and is responsible for ensuring the Pre-press department meets the needs of our customers with an essential understanding of quality. This includes pre-press production, staff management, manufacturing and interacting with account managers and customers.
• Coordinate the work of the pre-press employees including schedules and work assignments.
• Monitor the daily Pre-press workload and assign resources as required.
• Assist with troubleshooting equipment. Technological problems or print quality issues.
• Coordinate and resolve high profile customer needs and priorities.
• Assist customer service with inquiries related to customer print issues.
• Coordinate and prioritize products based on sales/production needs.
• Control/Authorize overtime as required.
• Develop workflows and systems to support business operations.
• Assist Printing Manager to identify and fix problematic files.
• Perform reviews and evaluations.
• Handle employee relations, training, performance and discipline issues including coaching and counseling.
• Maintain a neat and safe working environment in the pre-press department.
• Develop and refine the daily processes and team members within the department.
• Oversee pre-flight, archiving, color correction, proofing, plate making processes, and graphic systems and networks.
• Utilize technical background with a focus on workflow automation.
• Insure accuracy and quality of products and services through effective QA implementation procedures.
Education /Experience - Bachelor's Degree or extensive experience in Pre-Press operations and leadership roles. Must be able to effectively communicate and work with employees, customers, and suppliers. Must possess strategic and creative thinking and planning skills. Must have the ability to take corrective actions when necessary. Ability to work in a deadline-driven, team environment . Ability to adapt to changing workload and schedules. Thorough knowledge of prepress functions, color theory, calibrations, as well as hands on experience in printing preferred. Advanced knowledge of offset printing a plus.
Curtis Packaging is a leading provider of luxury packaging solutions. We manufacture high quality folding cartons for the most discerning global brands. We draw inspiration from the creative human spirit, which we use to create high quality products of outstanding beauty and enduring value. Every paperboard carton we create passes through the hands of many experienced packaging professionals. Each touch exemplifies the dedication, knowledge, and tradition cultivated since our establishment in 1845. We are a global leader in both printing innovation and environmental stewardship. We have a rich heritage of excellence in production, and an exemplary environmental record. Curtis is the 1st Packaging Company in North America to: use 100% renewable electricity, be Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) certified.
Sandy Hook, CT
Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:21:28 PDT