HPC Workflow Facilitator
Who we are:
Research Computing (RC), within the Office of Information Technology (OIT), provides services for researchers including large-scale computing resources, storage of research data, high-speed data transfer capabilities, and support for data sharing. In addition, the RC group provides consulting in computational science and data management, and will support grant proposals by partnering or providing letters of support.
What your key responsibilities will be:
This position will work closely with researchers at the University of Colorado to develop repeatable and generalizable workflows with a focus on data management, analytics, visualization, and dissemination. By understanding the best tools the available the RC Workflow Facilitator will assist the researcher's needs and advise on how to integrate these tools into a larger, campus-wide infrastructure. The Workflow Facilitator will maintain a close partnership between the Research Computing group and the CU Boulder Libraries, largely through the Center for Research Data and Digital Scholarship (CRDDS). This position is part of a larger, coordinated effort between Colorado State University, the University of Utah, and the University of Colorado Boulder.
In addition, this position may carry with it some teaching responsibilities, including training workshops or formal CU courses and may also include extensive travel to other RMACC institutions to develop solutions for their researchers.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position is both competitive and market-based and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in computer science or a related field with experience with science groups OR a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the physical sciences or related fields with strong quantitative background in analysis, statistics, and programming OR a Master of Library and Information Science.
- Experience managing science data.
- Proficiency working with one or more of the following software programs or languages: R, Python, Matlab, C/C++, Fortran, Globus
- Experience analyzing and documenting workflows and procedures.
What you will need:
- Exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other scientists/researchers in intensive face-to-face and remote collaborations.
- In-depth knowledge of data workflows and informatics adequate to exploring and analyzing large scientific data sets.
- Strong desire to educate academic researchers on how to use these tools, which includes a strong service background.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux Environment.
What we'd like you to have:
- Advanced quantitative skills in data workflows area.
- Data analytics and/or visualization experience.
- Advanced knowledge in R.
- Three years' experience in a quantitative or scientific field in the area of data workflows.
- Previous teaching experience.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 20, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-10471.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Aug 4, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 20, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00736334