University of Colorado - School of Medicine
A NIH funded T32 postdoctoral fellow position is available in the Pediatric Heart Lung Center (PHLC), at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, in Aurora CO. The focus of the inter-disciplinary programs within the PHLC is research with a special emphases on new understanding and novel strategies for the treatment of childhood cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. (see:http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/departments/pediatrics/research/programs/phlc/Pages/PediatricHeartLungCenter.aspx/). Primary cell cultures, animal models, traditional molecular biology, genetic transfection, and novel fluorescence microscopy methods will all be utilized to develop new insights on the molecular mechanisms governing endothelial cell differentiation during fetal development (see: Singh et al., 2017 "Quantifying three-dimensional rodent retina vascular development using optical tissue clearing and light-sheet microscopy" Journal of Biomedical Optics and Jun Yun et al., 2016 "VEGF and endothelium-derived retinoic acid regulate lung vascular and alveolar development" American Journal of Physiology Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology).
- Must be able to sustain prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in the laboratory environment.
- Must be willing to work with animal models.
- Must be willing to work in a standard research environment that may contain lasers, electronics, fumes, chemicals, liquid nitrogen, sharp objects, hazardous materials, tissue, and body fluids.
- Must be willing to work on multi-disciplinary projects with a biological emphasis.
- Funding for this position requires that the selected individual hold US citizenship or a US permanent residence.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a PhD/MD in one of these fields of study: Molecular or Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Pulmonary Physiology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in physical sciences.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proven ability to work independently within a research lab
- Demonstrated ability to work with cell and tissue cultures
- Demonstrated ability to perform western blots
- Demonstrated ability to perform RT-PCR
- Demonstrated ability to perform immunofluorescence labeling
- Demonstrated ability to perform cell transfection
Desired or preferred:
- Experience with animal models
- Experience with CRISPR-CAS9
- Experience with ex vivo explants
- Experience with advanced fluorescence imaging techniques
- Experience with quantitative image analysis
- Experience with basic statistical analysis
- Applicants should be highly-motivated and accomplished, interested in creative approaches, and have (or anticipate having) a recent PhD in Molecular or Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10572
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20120 - SOM - Pharmacology
Posting Date: Aug 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Orsund
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00627254