Inpatient Burn APP
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Inpatient Burn APP
The candidate will be expected to provide independent clinical services for Burn surgery patients at the University of Colorado Hospital (UCH). These duties will include primarily inpatient responsibilities such as rounding, writing orders, patient assessment, patient education, care coordination, disease management, and discharge activities. Additional outpatient responsibilities will include clinic care, triage of phone calls, emails or faxes, post-op care, follow-up on home care requests, management of referrals and follow-up on diagnostic lab and radiology tests. Close collaboration with general surgeons, sub-specialty surgeons, emergency medicine physicians, intensivists and hospital staff will be necessary. Professional interaction with referring physicians and staff, emergency medical personnel and primary care providers is essential. The candidate will provide care to patients in the on the inpatient wards, in the intensive care unit, acute care areas, and in the outpatient clinics. Given the rotating nature of the resident assignments to services, the NP/PA will be a critical part of service continuity and also a link between the inpatient and outpatient environments for patients. The census and acuity of clinical activity varies service to service and NP/PAs may at times be asked to provide cross coverage clinical care on different services to deal with this issue. One key feature of this position is the need to work in collaboration with surgical housestaff.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Masters degree in Nursing and/or a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse and/or Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges.
- Meets and maintains specific requirements of the Nursing Credential Review Board (Nurse Practitioner) and the Medical Review Board (Physician Assistant).
- Two years experience in general surgery, trauma, or critical care setting preferred
- Two or more years experience in an Inpatient Burn setting preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10544
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20318 - SOM-SRG-GI Clinical
Posting Date: Aug 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Bryan Downey
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00731333