JOB NO.: 91432-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VCRGE/INS ON AGING/INST AGING
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Office & Administrative Support, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91432-AS
Working Title: Research Administrator
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN)
Hiring Department: A348300-VCRGE/INS ON AGING/INST AGING
FTE: 75% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $48,333 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred. Research Administration experience preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of two years Research Administrator experience required
- Budget management experience of Federally-funded projects (especially large, complex mechanisms)
- Superior organizational skills necessary to manage multiple complex tasks
- Excellent writing skills and outstanding verbal communication skills required to communicate complex regulations and procedures
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with UW or other university pre- and post-award grant management preferred, including budget preparation
- Experience with UW accounting policies and procedures, purchasing and travel
- Knowledge of NIH regulations and procedures, including, but not limited to development of budgets for continuation and renewal proposals and electronic submissions (Cayuse, WISPER, eRA Commons, RPPR); expenditures; and reporting
- Knowledge of UW financial systems, such as WISDM
- Ability to analyze and audit own work for accuracy including identification of errors as well as problem-solving the solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative, collegial team environment
The Institute on Aging's (IOA) mission is to promote, through excellence in research, education, service, and practice, the health and well-being of the rapidly-expanding aging population in the local community, state of Wisconsin and society at large. This position will assist the Director and IOA Administrator with budget and proposal activities and general administrative duties for the $30 million Midlife in the United States (MIDUS) longitudinal study, MIDUS-related projects and successor grants to MIDUS, such as a parallel study in Japan (MIDJA). The main MIDUS grant is a U19 mechanism, but this position also supports R01, R03, R21, K01, K99/R00, T32 mechanisms. The work is performed under the general supervision of the IOA Administrator. This position requires excellent fiscal and communication skills, the ability to deal with administration of complex, multicomponent grants, excellent problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities efficiently. The capacity to engage in cordial and productive interactions on a regular basis with a wide array of investigators across the United States is key.
More information about MIDUS can be found at: http://midus.wisc.edu/
Instructions to applicants:
Your application must be received through Jobs at UW portal to be considered a candidate.
To apply for the position, please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter that describes your qualifications as they relate to the position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 4 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 1 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time