The Administrative Assistant supports the Vice President Academic Affairs/CAO and assists the Instructional Branch Deans and Administrative Assistants in day-to-day operations including both branch-wide and college-wide projects for both internal and external clients. Our ideal candidate is able to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively in person, writing and over the phone
- Work effectively and accurately with frequent interruptions
- Effectively utilize organizational skills related to filing, record keeping and tracking multiple processes simultaneously
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Assume and complete responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Work as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Banner software
- Knowledge of Ad Astra Scheduling software
Five years of related work experience
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay
Hours per Week
Please submit resume and cover letter.