Facility Supervisor, Part-time
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Facility Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision of the indoor Campus Recreation facilities. This position requires critical thinking skills, the ability to work independently and as a part of a team. The Facility Supervisor is expected to maintain an awareness of potential problems while creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Responsible for monitoring all activities, recreation/lounge areas, and walkways throughout the facility. This position also provides excellent customer service, enforce departmental policies, event management, and acts as a liaison between professional staff, student staff, and participants.
- Responsible for daily operation and supervision of indoor Campus Recreation facilities.
- Enforces of Campus Recreation policies and procedures.
- Monitors appropriate usage of recreational facility.
- Acts as point person and liaison between people using the facility and Campus Recreation professional staff.
- Answers and refers questions from patrons.
- Unlocks storage closets.
- Raises and lowers automated basketball goals/divider curtain.
- Sets out equipment and minimal set up of equipment.
- Acts as floor proctor during an emergency and assigns staff according to established procedures.
- Conducts facility tours.
- Provides additional support and supervision of the facility.
- Lifts boxes and equipment, may needed.
- Greets and welcomes patrons.
- Provides assistance to the Welcome Desk staff with customer service functions (i.e. locker rentals, equipment checkout, facility access verification, and retail inventory).
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be current or ability to obtain First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
- Ability to perform functions which may involve standing, sitting, or lifting.
- Ability to work flexible hours, early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Energetic and outgoing personality.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and punctual.
- Previous experience working in fitness center or recreational environment.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States