Administrative/Project Coordinator - Health Sciences
General Summary of Position:
Provide administrative, operational and project coordination and support to the Dean and Associate Dean to meet the goals of the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Manage the Massachusetts Criminal Background check and health sanction process for background checks required for all University students
- Support faculty and staff recruiting and retention activities
- Maintain analytics
- Assist with faculty development activities, particularly college events such as new faculty events and college retreats, maintain data on faculty workloads, and assist with faculty research efforts.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years working in an administrative capacity, preferably in a University setting
*Candidates without a Bachelor's degree who have significant related experience of 7-10- years and a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent will be considered
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to plan and organize with exceptional attention to detail skills
- Self-motivated individual with problem solving skills
- Ability to project a professional image when interacting with others in person, or by e-mail or telephone.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with web editing and database software is desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a writing sample describing your past experience with special projects and academic affairs.
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.