Director of Counseling Services
General Summary of Position:
The Director of Counseling Services provides leadership and vision to develop and support the provision of outstanding mental services to students in the UMass Lowell community. Day to day responsibilities include oversight of clinical services staff to provide quality, holistic, accessible mental health care to the students at the University of Massachusetts Lowell thereby facilitating their academic and personal success.
As a unit of the Wellness Center, Counseling Services at UMass Lowell provides episodic counseling services, consultation, and referrals to assist students in better understanding, managing, and coping with their feelings, relationships, and choices to achieve personal and academic success.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Doctorate in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
- Licensed as a psychologist in Massachusetts or license eligible within 6 months
- 7 years post doctorate counseling or clinical work, at least 5 of which have been focused on serving college aged youth with documented supervisory and management experience
- Experience working with diverse populations particularly underrepresented/underserve student populations
- Experiences working in a college/university setting
- Thorough knowledge and skill in developmental psychology especially pertaining to the college age population
- Demonstrated ability to perform psychological assessment, crisis intervention assessment, remedial treatment and resolution
- Demonstrated skill in providing guiding supervision to all levels of professional staff
- Demonstrated skill and ability in a team setting
- Effective consultation and communication
- Maintain clinically sensitive records and protect the confidentiality of the service
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Please submit cover letter and resume.