Program Director, Hockey Operations
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 32 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Director of Hockey Operations assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, coordingating its travel itineraries, budget management, coordinating logistics including team meals, buses, video and meeting rooms and film exchange, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Handling the program's daily hockey operations, coordinating its travel itineraries, and overseeing the teams student managers, on-campus recruiting, monitoring the academic progress of student athletes.
- Assisting with video editing systems, providing game day management, assisting with designing graphics and content of recruiting materials, managing the budget, contest scheduling and monitoring study tables.
- Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University and the Department of Athletics and Recreations Code of Ethics.
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
- Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking, and listening abilities.
- Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Coach Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes.
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division.
- Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous experience in hockey operations.
- Previous experience in hockey operations at the Division I level.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, August 10, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.