Assistant/Associate Professor of Screen Studies (F474)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Screen Studies
Position Tracking Number: F474
School/College: College of Music and the Arts
Department: Cinematic Arts
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: The Department of Cinematic Arts seeks an experienced screen studies faculty member to contribute to the Bachelor of Arts in Cinematic Arts.
Film History, History of Television and Digital Media, Media Criticism and Theory, Film and Social Issues, Topics in Cinema History, Advanced Film Theory, World Cinema.
- May be needed to work at alternative teaching sites.
- Teach both lower/upper division courses in lecture format.
- Participate in advising and mentoring undergraduate students.
- Participate in Department Meetings, Curricular Development and Campus Committees as needed.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
- MA or PhD in Critical Studies, Film and/or Television Studies, or Media Studies preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of cinema history and film studies.
- A commitment to teaching excellence in an undergraduate setting.
Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level. Noted expertise in film studies including publications and/or conference presentations. Knowledge of-and ability to teach-film/television production a plus.
Workload: Full-time faculty (teach 24 units per academic year, plus advising and committee work).
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.