Learn Gymnastics Preschool Instructor
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
Instructor will be responsible for class preparation (equipment/lesson plan/communication), instruction (teaching curriculum/supervision of students/spotting/safety), attending monthly staff meetings, assistance with special events as necessary.
This position is non-benefited, part-time and not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Class Preparation: Responsible for creating and executing lesson plans, setting up and tearing down equipment, communicating plan with fellow instructors and students. Also responsible for checking the gym and equipment for safety before and after classes.
- Class Instruction: Responsible for teaching gymnastics curriculum to a group of 6-10 children. Instructor will also provide verbal and physical assistance to students and is responsible for student safety.
- Maintenance of attendance records and student skill sheets.
- Communication with students and parents.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Work two birthday party shifts per 8-week class series.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Possesses good time management.
- Ability to be customer service oriented.
- Ability to move about the Ritchie Center while transporting equipment or objects up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of sport of gymnastics.
- Ability to spot gymnastics skills.
- Ability to manage a group of 6-9 children.
- Experience working with children ages 18 months - 5 years.
- Current CPR/FA/AED Certification or ability to obtain.
- 1 year gymnastics coaching.
- USAG instructor certification.
3-20 hours/week. Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Saturday 8:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. with occasional weekends as needed.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, August 17, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Kristin Baker at 303.871.4916 or
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.