Online Enrollment Counselor
ONLINE ENROLLMENT COUNSELOR
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The Online Enrollment Counselor is responsible for recruiting students for online and/or online-blended Pacific Oaks College programs. The Online Enrollment Counselor position supports all recruitment, admissions, and advising. Also, helps with activities by handling communications, information and paper flow with prospective and admitted students. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, consistent, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and a team player.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Director of Online Admissions.
- Provide excellent customer service to prospective students throughout the full admission recruitment process.
- Meets with prospective students to counsel on completing entry requirements, discusses academic programs, admission options, and financial aid opportunities and conducts campus tours.
- Follows up with prospects and applicants by phone and written correspondence.
- Successfully recruits for programs and opportunities that are specific to the School of Education (SOE), and School of Human Development (HD).
- Consistently achieves performance benchmarks for each term (6 per year) by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admissions process.
- Responds to all new inquiries quickly and maintains consistent communication with all students throughout the admissions process.
- Completes an average of 100 outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Conducts telephone-based personal interviews to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, and to ensure that all admission paperwork is completed properly. Provides more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Works with Financial Aid department in investigating financial assistance opportunities and discusses funding opportunities with prospective students
- Regularly attends the school department staff meetings
- Tracks inquiries and applicants through Salesforce by phone and written correspondence to ensure completion and admission.
- Makes decisions and/or recommendations concerning admissions, appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Produces accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including forecasts on a regular basis.
- Produces accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including forecasts, on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Keeps current on HD and SOE programs information and State licensure requirements
- Understanding of and experience with non-traditional student populations
- Keeps current on credential program information and the schools credentialing requirements
- Sales knowledge, skill and experience; in addition to person-to-person account management experience.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities: persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Knowledge of the education industry.
- Consultative approach to answering questions, addressing concerns and assisting with enrollment decisions.
- Highly accountable to monthly goals, performance expectations.
- Demonstrated, consistent results producer.
- Flexibility to schedule weekend and evening hours
- Enrollment, academic advising knowledge/experience.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in college recruitment or student services environment preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, Go to Meetings, CampusVue and Salesforce.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sensitivity and commitment to issues of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to travel evenings and weekends; possess valid driver's license.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends and have a flexible schedule.
- Spanish-English Bilingual fluency, a plus.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School