We are searching for faculty members to join our Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) program at our Washington, DC Campus to fill full-time, twelve (12) month positions at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The primary instructional assignment for this position is with the CMHC master's program. This program is designed to meet CACREP standards to prepare graduates to be licensed professional counselors. The primary areas of specialization beyond the counseling core are the treatment of addiction disorders, trauma, child and adolescent treatment, and marriage and family therapy.
- Teach 18 credit hours spread throughout the academic year, across the core curriculum and in at least one area of concentration.
- Student advisement
- Service to the department, the school, and the community
- Participate in faculty development
- Engage in research, publication, and other scholarly activities
- Perform clinical work one day a week
- Doctorate in Counselor Education
- Strong potential for or proven record of excellence in teaching and scholarship
- Licensed or license-eligible as a professional counselor
- Commitment to issues of social justice and diversity
- Strong commitment to preparing students to become excellent practitioners
- Strong commitment to working as part of a faculty team
- Strong potential to develop curricula
- Doctoral degree from a CACREP Accredited Program
- Experience teaching at the graduate and doctoral level
- Experience in blended/online, or distance teaching
- Strong potential to develop program of research
- Strong potential for or proven track record in attracting external funding
- Record of active involvement in professional organizations
- Membership/Active in the American Counseling Association
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology