Part-time Faculty - Masters of Science in Nursing
Dallas Nursing Institute is currently seeking Part-time Faculty - Masters of Science in Nursing to join the Education department.
Faculty will report to the Dean of Nursing and will instruct students in subject matter utilizing various methods, such as lecture, hands-on demonstration, and retain students. This role is considered part-time, but eligilbe for many of our offered benefits including, basic and voluntary life insurance and AD&D, short and long term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, and more!
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Closely supervising students on the educational units and preparing them for nursing practice at the VN, ADN & BSN level.
- Preparing and organizing program of practical and technical instruction, including demonstration of skills required in profession, and lecture on theory, techniques, terminology, and evaluation of nursing.
- Executing training program using outlines, text, handouts, and tests.
- Instructing students in subject matter, utilizing various methods, such as lecture and demonstration, and use audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations. Instructing students in subject areas, such as mathematics, science, use and maintenance of tools and equipment, codes or regulations related to profession, and safety precautions.
- Conducting hands-on laboratory exercises by applying industry knowledge. Observing students in laboratory and answering questions.
- Preparing or following teaching outline for course of study, assign lessons, and correct homework and classroom papers.
- Planning and supervising work of students, individually or in small groups, in skills laboratory, classroom and clinical settings. Testing and evaluating achievement of students in technical knowledge and profession skills.
- Administering tests to evaluate student progress, record results, and issue reports to inform students of their progress
- Participating in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility and integrate information into training program. Determining and evaluating training objectives with Dean of Nursing/Coordinators.
- Applying industry knowledge and experience in Nursing.
- Show evidence of teaching abilities and maintaining current knowledge in subject area of teaching responsibility.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are also required.
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing tasks, working under highly stressful situations, and handling frequent interruptions.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Holds a current license or privilege to practice as a nurse in the State of Texas; has at least two years in the last four years of nursing practice experience in anticipated subject area of teaching responsibility;
- Master's degree required, preferably in nursing.
- A nurse faculty member holding a master's degree or doctorate degree in a discipline other than nursing shall hold a bachelor's degree in nursing from an approved or accredited baccalaureate program in nursing; and
- If teaching in a diploma or associate degree nursing program, shall have at least six graduate semester hours in nursing appropriate to assigned teaching responsibilities.
- If teaching in a baccalaureate level program, shall have at least 12 graduate semester hours in nursing appropriate to assigned teaching responsibilities.
- In addition, all faculty must have a minimum of five years' industry experience within the past ten years.
- Previous nursing school experience is a plus.
Dallas Nursing Institute offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Dallas Nursing Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dallas Nursing Institute