Adjunct Faculty - Early Childhood Education- Online Instruction
ONLINE ADJUNCT FACULTY
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The School of Education at Pacific Oaks College is grounded in a constructionist, inquirybased, experiential framework that is focused on social justice, equity, and principles of diversity and inclusion. It combines coursework and fieldwork; theory and practice. The School of Education courses provide opportunities for candidates to learn strategies for enhancing each child's social, cognitive development and an appreciation of individual differences, including emphasis on English Language Learners and Students with Special Needs that are age appropriate
Examples of the Early Childhood Education program courses available for teaching assignments:
- Cognitive Development; How Children Learn
- Assessment and Research in Early Childhood Education
- Emergent Curriculum: Reflecting Learner Lives
- Family Violence and Child Abuse
- Separation, Deployment Trauma, and Early Development
- Trauma, Culture, and Immigration
- Technology in Early Childhood Education
- Play Language and Literacy
- Public Policy and Its Impact on Children and Families
- Balancing Ethical and Moral Considerations in ECE
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate students earning BA's and MA's in Early Childhood Education
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating presentations, online-class discussions and assignments.
- Grading assigned papers and provide feedback.
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance class, assignments and presentations
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
- Participating in the on-line learning platform CANVAS to facilitate class discussions, post grades and receive class assignments from students
- Develop and revise current curriculum and assessment in the field.
- Input information into Taskstream.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Presence in the online classroom a MINIMUM of 4 days per week including weekends
- Ability to conduct one mandatory GotoMeeting/virtual session during the first week of the term. Grade and provide feedback on all assignments within 5 days of the due date
- Facilitate and participate in the weekly discussion postings
- Actively respond to student emails and requests within 24-48 hours
- Contribute to the course content using current events, current research articles, videos and other materials
- Post final grades by the College deadline
- Prepare and update course prior to the course start
- Provide weekly announcements and overviews for each week of the course
- Web Camera for weekly overviews and GTM with students.
- Identify and refer at-risk students to academic support services
- Participate in Adjunct trainings, meetings, events and other College requirements
- Master's degree required in Early Childhood Education or related degree
- Relevant professional experience
- Official transcript and 2 letters of recommendation
- Online college level teaching experience and working with adult learners
- Communicate effectively using Canvas, Pacific Oaks College's learning management system
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to support the mission of Pacific Oaks College
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School
More searches like this
- Arts & Humanities jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Ethnic & Cultural Studies jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Education jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Child Development & Family Studies jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Curriculum & Instruction jobs in Community & Government Relations