CS Administrative Assistant I
Administrative Assistant I
The Administrative Assistant I position is part of a high-performance administrative team in support of a state-of-the-art Children's School and is responsible for meeting and complying with all governing and licensing policies and regulations.
This crucial position is the "face of the school" and welcomes all internal visitors including enrolled children and their families as well as external visitors including college staff, community visitors, vendors, and prospective families.
This position will be cross-trained and provide support to the rest of the administrative team. As a high-performing team member, the Administrative Assistant I, will also provide support to the Executive Director while maintaining open communication with other departments within Pacific Oaks Children's School and College as appropriate.
This is a full time position located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Assistant Director of Office Administration.
- Welcomes and guides all visitors to the Children's School including children and their families, college visitors, community visitors, and vendors by directing them appropriately
- Represents the school in a professional manner and has the ability to explain the school programs in person, over the phone, and via emails and other forms of written communication
- Supports the Assistant Director with Enrollment tasks such as data entry, mailings, and similar clerical tasks regarding enrollment
- Writes and distributes email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms as assigned
- Ensures mail is picked up and delivered mail is distributed
- Oversees and organizes all request forms (i.e. maintenance requests, set up requests, clean up etc.)
- Receives, files, and/or distributes the visitor's log, accident reports, snack logs, and children's sign-in sheets manages teacher staffing calendar (i.e. substitute teachers and staffing); which includes calling substitute teachers, as needed, to cover for teacher absences
- Sets up meeting space for Parent Associate meetings, including childcare, ordering catering, and assisting with clean-up
- Organizes and distributes information packets to prospective parents and other affiliated parties
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Organizes and assists with annual or seasonal projects including back-to-school mailings, parent and teacher directories, etc.
- Attends and assists in the preparation of school sponsored events; such as trainings, in-service days, etc.
- Assists the Executive Director managing monthly calendar and other miscellaneous tasks
- Attends meetings to take notes and provide meeting minutes as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- The ideal candidate will possess outstanding phone etiquette and excellent customer service skills
- Flexible, can-do, positive attitude is a must
- Demonstrates high interpersonal skills, integrity, professionalism, initiative, dependability and reliability, willingness to learn, and team-work
- Possesses excellent reading and writing abilities, planning and scheduling, and independent problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to formulate and maintain excel spreadsheets for record keeping and reporting purposes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and maintain focus in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with students, staff, administration, faculty, adjunct faculty, professional consultants, and representatives from all levels of management while maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to gain and demonstrate knowledge of the children's school policies, procedures, and programs
- Ability to work effectively with general guidance and direction as part of a self-managing team
- Possesses sensitivity and commitment to the needs of the diverse academic and cultural backgrounds of students, staff, and community
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant business, administrative, receptionist, and/or operational experience. Previous administrative experience in a school environment is a plus
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new software systems (i.e. Adobe)
- Proficiency with MS office and advanced Excel skills are a must
- Advanced use of internet and basic webpage development skills preferred
- Ability to work occasional nights and Saturdays
- Associate's degree preferred; high school degree required
- Able to pass a LiveScan background check; in accordance with the Department of Social Services' requirement
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School