Assistant Director, Trott Business Program
Career Advancement offers innovative and comprehensive career development services to the University's 5,000+ undergraduate students with a focus on: student preparation, connections, and opportunities. Through career counseling, programs, and comprehensive resources, Career Advancement supports undergraduate students and alumni as they develop the skills necessary to manage their career development, while working with alumni and employers to provide students meaningful employment opportunities. Career Advancement plays a vital role in ensuring our students' success upon graduation. For more information please visit the Career Advancement website (careeradvancment.uchicago.edu).
Unit Job Summary
UChicago's business career programs build on the world-class UChicago liberal arts foundation to give students who are interested in business a competitive edge in their professional development. Students engaging in programs are interested in careers in a wide range of businesses including investment banking, investment management, consulting, private equity, retail, marketing, advertising and sales & trading.
The Assistant Director will utilize industry expertise to prepare students for business careers including finance and consulting.
Industry Specific Advising
- Utilize industry experience to advise and prepare students to secure internship and full-time positions within finance, consulting, or corporate advisory capacity.
- Develop educational materials that will allow students to have a competitive advantage when applying and interviewing with various roles within business.
- Closely monitor student progress and report out on status and placement outcomes.
Curriculum Design, Planning and Execution
- Assist in planning, designing and executing student workshops and employer site visits.
- Develop finance and consulting curriculum strategies and present enhancements to team.
Reporting / Data Analysis / Presentation
- Develop efficient methods to track student and program data.
- Summarize and present information at knowledge-sharing meetings with colleagues.
Employer Outreach and Development
- Collaborate with the Employer Relations and Development team to develop relationships with employers.
General Career Advancement Activities
- Provide general career counseling to assigned 1st year students.
- Manage or provide support to additional Career Advancement initiatives as assigned.
- Plan, organize, and execute student treks to domestic and/or international business centers.
Bachelor's degree required.
Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience working in financial services, consulting and/or a corporate advisory capacity required, preferably in a client-facing role.
- Contacts with firms/employees in the finance and/or consulting industries required.
- Experience developing and implementing a successful communication strategy for marketing programs, recruiting volunteers, and/or liaising with student groups required.
- Deep commitment to customer service and the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment required.
- Experience with behavioral and case interviews required. Experience making presentations required.
- Experience working with college-aged students and/or new recent college graduates strongly preferred; experience developing and managing an internship program preferred.
- Expertise in program development, or a related area required. Demonstrated success in maintaining collaborative relationships with diverse constituencies required.
- Strong coaching or counseling skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required. Strong interpersonal, quantitative, and networking skills required.
- Ability to communicate to large groups as well as one-on-one with students, senior management, faculty, alumni, etc. required.
- Minimum intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Basic financial modeling and budgetary experience required.
Required Job Seeker Documents
Reference Contact Information