Degree Audit and Graduation Adviser
Degree Audit and Graduation Adviser
University of San Francisco
The Adviser, Degree Audit and Graduation (herein referred to as the Adviser) has three primary responsibilities. First, the incumbent provides essential graduation services to degree candidates, which includes the evaluation of academic records, advising candidates on degree and program requirements, and posting degrees. Second, the incumbent is responsible for Graduation Center communications, including telephone, e-mail, and written correspondence. The Adviser meets with colleagues in the schools and college to review and resolve discrepancies in students' degree evaluation and apprises students, accordingly. The Adviser notifies students of their clearance to participate in the Commencement ceremony. For students who are not cleared to participate in Commencement, the Adviser notifies and advises them of remaining requirements to be completed. Third, working closely with the Department of Athletics and the Associate University Registrar, manage the degree evaluation process for USF student-athletes in order to ensure their NCAA athletic eligibility and timeliness to degree completion.
• Advise students on their degree progress and the satisfaction of Core and departmental requirements.
• Evaluate academic records of graduation candidates to determine their eligibility to participate in the commencement exercises and monitor their degree completion.
• Post degrees of completed students.
• Generate correspondence to students, staff, and faculty regarding the progress of graduation candidates toward completion of degree and program requirements.
• Participate in the reconciliation of degree and program requirements in the degree audit system with curriculum requirements published in the University Catalogs, Schedule of Classes, and other documented curriculum revisions from the schools and college.
• Participate in the maintenance and troubleshooting of new and existing degree and program requirements in the degree audit system.
• Manage the degree evaluation process for USF student-athletes in order to ensure their NCAA athletic eligibility and timeliness to degree completion.
• Record appropriate grade changes, transfer credit, change of academic programs, and substitutions and waivers of degree and program requirements.
• Participate in on-going training of Banner and the degree audit system.
• Participate in the decision-making process regarding both long and short-term plans for the design, effective use and improvement of the degree audit system.
• Respond to inquiries about students’ degree progress.
• Interpret University policies and procedures for students, staff, and faculty.
• Participate in early, regular, and late registration.
• Work closely with the University Registrar and Senior Associate University Registrar on special projects.
• Assist in the preparations for the Grad. Finale event and participate in the event.
• Assist in the preparations for commencement and participate in the ceremonies.
• Participate in the purging and archiving of academic records.
• Research and resolve student record inconsistencies and follow-up with students.
• Serve as a resource in the Graduation Center unit of the Registrar’s office in particular, and Strategic Enrollment Management, more broadly.
• Serve as alternate to Registrar staff colleagues during periods of vacancies, vacation, and illness.
• Serve on committees and task forces as appropriate.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least 2 years of experience reviewing degree requirements and advising students, accordingly.
• Experience and progressive responsibility in an academic environment desirable, preferably in a Registrar’s office.
• Familiarity with USF schools and college degree and curricular requirements and Degree Works coding a plus.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also work as a team member.
• Ability to work effectively and collegially with faculty, deans, staff, and senior administrators.
• Provide excellent customer service to students; telephone, fax, and email inquiries.
• Provide accurate and timely information to students, staff, and faculty.
• Familiarity with FERPA and student records privacy issues.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Advanced desktop computer proficiency:
o Create, revise, and print MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
o Experience with Windows operating system.
o Experience with e-mail, including opening and sending attached files.
o Experience in locating information and specific pages on the World Wide Web.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the University’s academic policies and procedures.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Occasional evening and weekend work expected.
• Motivating, positive personality.
• Respectful, friendly, and accountable.
• Superior problem-solving and multitasking skills.
• Understanding of and commitment to USF’s Vision, Mission and Values.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.