Database Developer / Analyst
Access Database Developer/Analyst
Waters Agricultural Laboratories, Inc. - Camilla, GA
We are currently seeking a full time Database Programmer/Developer/Analyst. This person will be responsible for the maintenance of existing databases, the design, and implementation of new databases. This person will also be responsible for analyzing our current systems, resolving data reporting issues and making necessary improvements. We are looking for someone that can work with our existing developer and key team members to understand needs and expectations and offer solutions.
- Learn and maintain existing company systems.
- Create, modify and design additional reports as requested by management.
- Create, modify and maintain various data exports and imports including csv and xml formats.
- Develop new applications as requested to improve company productivity and/or processes and
- engage in the database development process, from inception through delivery.
- Perform upgrades to systems as needed.
- Migrate current MS Access based databases to SQL and integrate with current front end interfaces.
- Provide process improvements by automating manual processes.
- Troubleshoot and correct any Database server issues including occasional after-hours and weekends.
- Analyze, audit, modify, and amend data in systems as required by other team members.
- Assist with monthly reports and statistical reports as needed.
- Assist with efforts and development to define and automate data gathering, analysis and reporting processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information System, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Extensive development experience in MS Access/VBA.
- Experience as a SQL server administrator.
- Experience with XML.
- Advanced Access database skills extremely critical, and strong understanding of relational database structures and design.
- Experience with Citrix cloud based applications a plus.
- Experience in SQL, VB, .net, C#, html, java, other programming languages, or API development a plus.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to create complex equations.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines and to balance multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with persons at all levels of the organization.
Job Type: Full time - Permanent Position
Local candidates only:
- Camilla, GA/South Georgia Area
Serving the agricultural industry since 1976, Waters Agricultural Laboratories is one of the largest and well-equipped privately owned labs in the nation. Waters Agricultural Laboratories, Inc. now maintains three state-of-the-art facilities offering the latest in equipment and technology. All three locations are fully staffed with Agronomists, Chemists, Microbiologists, Technicians, and other professionals, with many years of service and experience.
Waters Agricultural Labs, Inc. is committed to providing industry leading quality results, fast turnaround time, and excellent customer service.
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 10:24:30 PDT