Web Software QA Engineer (PHP, Selenium)
At DoMyOwnPestControl.com there is one mission that drives our business--"Make happy and satisfied customers by providing the absolute best buyer experience possible". Founded in 2004, we are the fastest-growing and top leading online pest control store on the web today. As the Web Software QA Engineer, you will be responsible for testing and deploying bug-free code that delights consumers and will help lead DoMyOwnPestControl.com in becoming the best online destination for comprehensive DIY. Join a talented, customer-centric team that is driven by customer service, continual improvement, and innovation. A Top 500 Internet Retailer, DoMyOwnPestControl.com was recently awarded 'HOT 100' Best Retail Web-site of the year by Internet Retailer.
- Devise and implement test strategies
- Investigate and recreate reported defects
- Work with other engineers to troubleshoot and resolve coding issues
- Track and document all testing defects and resolutions
- Develop, execute, and maintain test scripts
- Ability to conduct manual testing, as well as determine which tests can be automated and the skill set and knowledge of automation tools (selenium) to make it happen
- Cross-browser/mobile website testing, as well as mobile app testing
- Web performance monitoring
- Testing multiple, varied applications (eCommerce site, inventory management system, backend APIs, etc.)
- Ensure functionality delivered in each iteration is well tested, utilizing automation wherever possible
- Experienced with Jira (preferred), or other ticketing system.
- Knowledge of setting up build servers (Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience in OO PHP highly desirable
- Experience with application performance monitoring highly desirable
- Previous experience in software development, quality assurance, or other related fields
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL or SQL Server
- Strong root-cause analysis skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Highly self-motivated and a self-starter
DoMyOwn.com is a family-owned company that was started by two brothers in 2004 and is now one of the largest and fastest growing online retailers of professional do-it-yourself pest control, lawn and garden, animal care, and equipment products in the United States. A Top-500 Internet Retailer, Do My Own has won numerous awards including being honored on the prestigious 2010 Inc. 5000 list of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies ranking No. 700, as well as being honored on Internet Retailer's Hot 100 List of the Best Retail Websites of the Year in 2014. BizRate.com also awarded the company with the 2016 Circle of Excellence Platinum Award (for the 7th consecutive year) for exceptional customer service and support.
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 09:27:18 PDT