Lecturer - Public Health & Program Director - Health Science Program
The College of Health Science and Public Health seeks a Lecturer to teach in the Master of Public Health program and serve as Program Director for its Health Science Degree program. The position is a 100% time, 9-month per year special faculty appointment, plus a summer appointment.
Start date for this position is August 2017.
Position is based at the EWU Spokane Campus in Spokane Washington and reports to the Chair of the Department of Public Health and Health Administration.
Review of applications will begin in early August.
Information about the College
The College of Health Science and Public Health is located on the EWU Spokane campus, in the downtown University District, closely linked to the vibrant health services sector of eastern Washington and Spokane.
The college offers nationally accredited programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including collaborative programs with Washington State University and the University of Washington. Multiple patient care clinics are located within the college including a speech, language and hearing clinic; a dental hygiene clinic; and participation in a planned inter-professional teaching health clinic. In addition, there is a growing externally funded research base, including a large number of service and research community engagement projects.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Graduate degree in Public Health or a related field, terminal professional degree in a health field also acceptable;
- Five years of experience in community health practice or a related health field;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching undergraduate coursework;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Program Development and Administration;
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge to teach health science and public health courses;
- Demonstrated skills to engage multiple constituencies for program support and collaboration;
- Strong commitment to diversity and social justice;
- Basic computer skills including word processing, database, spreadsheets, email and other forms of distance technologies;
- Ability to work independently.
Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability, and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility, and diversity.
Preference may be given to candidates who also offer:
- Doctorate in Public Health or a related field;
- Experience in providing student support services (i.e., assisting students with writing, Canvas usage);
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Experience in program administration.
More searches like this
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Arts & Humanities
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Ethnic & Cultural Studies
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Health & Medical
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Allied Health
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Professional Fields