Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor
Job Number: 75870
ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES: Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE), the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner. R&DE comprises 11000+ staff in the following divisions: Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost (SAVP Office), Student Housing Operations, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality& Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of four R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration including Information Technology, Human Resources, Strategic Communications, and Maintenance Operations & Capital Planning. R&DE houses 13,000+ students and their dependents while serving over 6.5 million meals annually to students, conference, catering, retail, and concession guests.
Lead a group of customer service representatives who provide and maintain the highest level of service to the customer using judgment and discretion.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the unit, leading and mentoring staff. Provide orientation and training to lower level representatives.
- Provide input in hiring decisions and performance of workgroup.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the unit Participate with other departments and represent the unit as needed.
- Process non-standard requests, initiate appropriate documentation and notify other departments and/or coordinate with outside agencies as needed.
- Handle the highest level of escalated and unresolved calls.
- Administer and educate others on the supported program, providing accurate information and updates to policies and procedures, improving overall customer satisfaction in the process.
- Determine whether disputed issues have been handled appropriately through substantial knowledge of internal policies and procedures.
- Work closely with others in department to identify and correct problems and make recommendations to remedy problems.
- Keep track of correspondence and interactions with customer using a customer relationship management tool.
- May act as supervisor in supervisor's absence.
- May represent Stanford at public events, such as fairs, athletic events and registrations, greet and serve as a resource on unit and general inquiries
Education & Experience: Bachelor's Degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates leadership traits including effective communication, supervisory skills, and the ability to manage workflow.
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving and decision making skills to effectively solve and respond to complicated requests.
- Excellent customer service experience and a proven ability to meet performance standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to use authority, knowledge and judgment to effectively respond to complicated requests.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to learn policies and procedures and correctly provide that information to customers and use information to make sound decisions.
- Strong computer skills such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- May work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.