Journeyman Plumber / Service Technician
Are you a journeyman plumber with excellent customer service skills? Are you looking for good work in the East Bay with a local, successful company? Yes?
Then Pipe Spy wants you to work with us!
Pipe Spy Inc. is a successful East Bay provider of sewer pipe inspection, diagnosis and trenchless replacement for homeowners and commercial property managers. We have a great reputation in the East Bay, and so to meet demand for our services, we seek to hire Sewer Service Technicians who will hold up our reputation of Competence In Action for customer service and problem-solving. You've seen the trucks and the yard signs -- now come meet our great staff.
Pipe Spy Inc. provides paid service & sales training, competitive pay plus performance bonuses, work van, and Pipe Spy work shirts/coveralls. Our employees receive great benefits: paid vacation, paid sick days, 401(k)+employer contribution, and medical/dental/vision insurance -- plus friendly, top-rated work crews and office staff you can rely on!
Pipe Spy needs plumbers who enjoy solving problems, working in the field + some office time, who will contribute a positive attitude, and who can consistently perform with minimal supervision.
What you'll do as a Pipe Spy Service Technician:
- Clear sewer backups and accurately diagnose the condition of a sewer, using Pipe Spy CCTV and pipe clearing equipment, plus your expert plumbing skills.
- Provide excellent customer care: communicate well with customers, deliver prompt estimates for sewer repairs/replacements, and convert open estimates to sales.
- Follow up on all leads, open project tasks and receivables.
A detailed list of job responsibilities is available; please respond to this posting for more information.
Please send us a resume and cover letter. Pipe Spy wants to hear from candidates who have: :
- Three years plumbing experience.
- Can-do attitude -- tell us how you display competence and professionalism with customers and co-workers.
- Great written and verbal communication and people skills, can present a confident, professional image.
- Ability to speak to the customers about their sewer and plumbing issues so that they understand.
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects, and communicate project updates to managers.
We know the East Bay has great plumbers who want to work for our professional business - please contact Pipe Spy today to be a part of our growing team!
Start Date: A.S.A.P
Compensation: DOE -- competitive and negotiable; base salary plus performance bonuses
Benefits: 401(k), Paid Vacation & Sick Days
Work Hours: Normal work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday, with occasional off-hours to match customer availability.
Office Location: The Pipe Spy office is in Oakland, CA; you'll meet our customers all over the East Bay.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidate must:
• Be mechanically inclined and competent to safely operate the following:
- Sewer pipe inspection cameras
- Pipe location equipment
- Power snakes
- Water jetters
- Power supplies
• Be familiar with local plumbing codes and practices.
• Have good oral and written communication skills, and understand business communication standards.
• Have a reliable means of transportation to and from headquarters in West Oakland.
• Be neat in appearance, have clean work habits and good manners.
• Have a clean driving record. Pipe Spy provides the use of a company van, candidates must be insurable.
• Supply own hand tools.
• Be willing to be on call and work irregular hours on rare occasions when it's required to meet our customer's needs.
• Have proficient computer skills, including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows - you can find files on a computer, understand logging in to a computer and sharing files on a computer network.
- Microsoft Office (Word), basic proficiency - you can create a document and an envelope, can format text and print a document from a choice of printers.
- Internet proficiency - you understand using web-based email i.e. Gmail, and other Google apps.
- Can manage multiple logins and confidential passwords.
- Ability to learn new tasks in Microsoft Windows and Word, and learn new processes in software such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Candidate must:
• Be able to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time. This position will spend significant segments of the day travelling to and from customer locations.
• Be able to carry, load and unload equipment from van, approx. 60 lbs.
• Be able to work in confined spaces to access plumbing fixtures for sewer service.
• Be able to sit in a desk chair and operate a computer for 1-2 hours at a time.
Pipe Spy is an equal opportunity employer. Our offices are a smoke free environment. Our employees are subject to random drug testing.
Pipe Spy Inc. is a locally-owned small business in Oakland, CA, specializing in trenchless sewer replacement. The owners have operated Pipe Spy Inc. together since 1998. We are successful because our customers value our experience, excellence and professionalism. We pride ourselves on treating our customers and our employees fairly and honestly. Pipe Spy offers employee benefits (many plumbing and sewer businesses provide no benefits), and we recognize employees with our customers positive reviews. Many of the people on our work crews have been with Pipe Spy for more than 10 years, others more than 3 years, and we are always looking for more reliable employees to add to our family.
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 10:32:48 PDT