Foreman / 2nd Year Apprentice Laborer
New Concepts Construction has an opportunity for Foreman and Apprentice to join our team of construction professionals based in the Salt Lake City, UT and surrounding areas. This position will require onsite daily vendor supervision and willingness to perform various carpentry trades and contract close procedures. You will have plenty of opportunity and room to grow as a valued member of our team.
These positions are responsible for assisting the Superintendent in daily on-site leadership for the project team including: vendor schedule, vendor supervision, site management, subcontractor relations, and other related activities.
Some Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage safety, quality, schedule, production, logistics and coordination.
- Represents the company in daily activities and interfaces with all project representatives.
- Coordinates and directs all subcontractor and vendors.
- Works with the project team to establish goals and develop accountability.
- Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Works closely with city officials in requesting and coordinating applicable inspections, including starting dialogue with officials from day one.
- verifies to ensure subcontractor completes the assigned scope of work and quality assurance.
- Seeks to learn changes in the industry.
- 2 to 4 years of related experience working on commercial construction projects as a GENERAL CONTRACTOR.
- Possess computer skills; proficient in MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage teams.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with project team, customers, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of established construction practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, budget, change orders, safety standards, plans specifications, shop drawings, blue prints, submittals, manufacturer's literature, contract documents and specifications, and CPM schedules.
- Understand construction scheduling and sequencing, and cost control.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace.
- Thorough and attentive to details; extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to complete punch list and project close out procedures.
Full health care insurance, safety incentive, PTO
Salt Lake City, UT
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 15:33:23 PDT