Senior Java Engineer
An amazing opportunity is available with The Bouqs Company in Venice, CA. You will be a key member of our technology team working on our Java based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform and report directly to VP, Engineering. You will be working to architect our next generation platform for logistics, planning and data mining that will enable our business to scale to brand new heights having a material impact on the future of our company. You will work directly with various business stakeholders to understand what is needed and be responsible for architecting, designing and developing updates to our service oriented architecture. Along the way you will be empowered to use an amazing range of technologies that you see fit to accomplishing the job while providing mentorship to younger developers. You will be challenged with all of this while maintaining a zero downtime continuous deployment environment.
What you will be doing
- Partnering with business stakeholders in self organizing teams to architect, design, and develop new features for our logistics back-end and reporting engines.
- Working with in-house and off-shore teams to ensure features are delivered on schedule
- Conducting peer review of code and technical designs
- Mentoring and growing junior level developers through technical guidance and leadership
- Performing platform performance reviews and performance optimization on all layers as needed
- Using your entrepreneurial spirit and passion to do things differently
What you will need
- 3+ years of software development experience in Java
- 5+ years of software development experience in Networked and Server-based systems
- 5+ years experience using MySQL or other RDBMS
- 1+ years experience architecting systems that have been implemented into production
- Experience with source control systems such as GIT or SVN
- Experience measuring and diagnosing production operations systems
- Experience with TDD/BDD or other testing methodologies
- Experience in agile software development (Scrum or Kanban)
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
It would be great if you had
- Experience in tuning the JVM
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Experience with message-based queueing systems and Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with Scala or Akka Framework
- Experience with Spark and/or Kafka
- Experience with Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch or Neo4j
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Docker or other Containerization of services
- Logistics or Enterprise Resource Planning or similar operational systems have contributed to open-source projects which fall in that line
We are killing it. Growing quickly, having fun, and building a category-defining business. Looking for something more formal? Okay then! The Bouqs Co. is a Venture-backed, Venice Beach, CA based startup scaling rapidly, and founded by John Tabis (Disney, ShoeDazzle, Bain & Company) and JP Montufar (Volcanic Flower Grower Extraordinaire). The venture is a commerce brand fundamentally disrupting the global $50B floral industry through a direct supply chain marketplace, a modern & simplified UX, and a killer brand. The team consists of experts in Marketing, Creative, Technology, Social Media, and Supply Chain. We are seeking flat-out awesome people to join our rapidly growing team.
Other Company Highlights:
- Experienced executive management team with successful track record at brands like Disney, HauteLook, LegalZoom and ShoeDazzle.
- Significant opportunity for growth, leadership and equity-based compensation at a rapidly growing company.
- Unique value proposition and significant traction (WSJ, Forbes.com, Oprah Magazine, Today Show, E!Online, Daily Candy, PopSugar, Maxim, MSN coverage & more).
- Strong network of advisors & investors including Azure Capital Partners (VMWare, Blogher, Julep), Mich Mathews (former CMO of Microsoft), Brian Lee (Honest, Legalzoom, ShoeDazzle), Andy Dunn (Bonobos), Brian Spaly (Trunk Club), Jason Nazar (DocStoc), John Powers (eHarmony, EdgeCast), Josh Resnick (Pandemic) and more.
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 14:03:34 PDT