Associate Director, Market Readiness & Employment
*Cover letter is required with application*
Summary: The Wake Forest University School of Business seeks a dynamic career development professional who will provide comprehensive and exemplary career coaching support with the goal of ensuring every student is “career ready” by having developed the professional competencies to secure a desirable first-destination job by graduation. The Associate Director will work with students across pre-experience programs including undergraduate, Master of Arts in Management (MA), Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA), and Master of Science in Accounting (MSA).
- Provides a personalized, consistent and high quality career coaching experience to help students successfully navigate their job search process through innovative career programs, career exploration techniques, strength/interest assessments, job search action plan development, resume and cover letter writing and critiquing, interview preparation, professional decision-making strategies, and salary negotiations.
- Engages and builds relationships with external markets including employers, alumni, and industry professionals to hire and mentor students as well as assess and implement coaching best practices.
- Collaborates with alumni relations, advancement, faculty and staff for strategic planning/alignment and to deliver innovative and customized career-related events and workshops, programs, and other market readiness and employment resources to prepare students across pre-experience programs for post graduate opportunities.
- Supports program-wide goals including student enrollment and employment outcomes as well as student sentiment/satisfaction.
- Monitors and tracks all student activity ensuring consistent and comprehensive reporting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced business degree.
- Experience working in a goal-oriented environment with tangible quotas and
- demonstrated success of achieving desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of the program-related markets including employment and hiring trends
- and experience developing career centric programming.
- Professional experience in business-related fields preferred.
- Experience coaching and supporting students for personal and/or professional
- development and helping them to achieve their individual goals.
- Ability to develop, recommend and implement short- and long- term strategic plans and goals to enhance the student experience, program effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States