Data Analyst, Lead (Level IV)
*A cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Data Analyst Lead, IV is responsible for the creation of a campus-wide data management program. This position will implement and facilitate data standards, data governance processes, and tools to support University reporting and analytics.
- Establishes the vision for data governance on campus.
- Works with functional subject matter experts, technical report writers, and Information Systems (IS) to define and implement a University-wide data governance process.
- Implements, coordinates, and provides training on the use of the selected data governance tool(s).
- Works with functional subject matter experts, technical report writers, and security to establish standards for the definition of, and use of, University-wide data.
- Defines University-wide data change management processes and procedures.
- Ensures adherence to data standards, data governance processes, and implements process improvements where needed.
- Facilitates a data governance/data standards committee.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of any proprietary or sensitive information or data in any medium regarding the University or its students, faculty, or staff. Accesses or discloses such information or data when deemed necessary for the performance of one’s job responsibilities and must be authorized by the employee’s supervisor.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with five years of experience in the field of Data Standards and Analysis/Data Governance, or related field. An equivalent combination of higher education and experience may be accepted.
- Working knowledge of data standards and data governance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills; consensus building abilities with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven skills working effectively across internal functional areas.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Experience writing SQL and using database query tools.
- Creativity and adaptability; resilience to change.
- Availability to work after hours, on-call, and/or weekends as specified by supervisor.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Higher Education experience.
- Experience using BI tools (i.e. Cognos).
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States