Personal/Small Group Trainer
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Personal/Small Group Trainer within Campus Recreation are fitness specialists that possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to demonstrate safe and effective exercise and fitness programs designed for the campus community. Provides instruction, motivation, and accountability for the purpose of reaching the personal health and fitness goals of their clients. This position also requires an enthusiastic attitude, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt workout regiments around pre-existing medical conditions.
- Plans, facilitates, and leads personal and/or small group trainings.
- Coordinates training scheduling with clients.
- Provides consultation services for clients to identify goals, proper exercise techniques, training needs or preferences; verifies payment of fees prior to any training session.
- Cleans and organizes personal training equipment and facility space after use.
- Performs all training in uniform and nametag.
- Provides quality customer service to all individuals including faculty, staff, and students.
- Represents Campus Recreation and Wake Forest University positively.
- Upholds and clearly communicates facility and the University’s rules and regulations; applies safe practices; holds users accountable.
- Attends staff meetings and required monthly trainings.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Successful completion of a nationally recognized personal trainer certification. Ability to maintain said certification in accordance to the varied guidelines set forth by the certification provider.
- Possess or ability to acquire First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Completion of hands-on training designed to supplement the knowledge and skills obtained via certification.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Energetic and outgoing personality.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Reliable, trustworthy and punctual.
- Ability to perform functions which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: standing, sitting, and lifting.
- Ability to work flexible hours, early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Group exercise, personal training, or small group training experience.
- Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States