Group Fitness Instructor
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for leading and delivering group fitness instruction ranging in variety and level from aerobic activity, muscular strength, stretch, dance, and yoga or mind body disciplines. This includes developing and organizing choreography, movement sequencing and progression, cueing participants set up, safety, execution, and more. The instructor must be high energy, motivating, and a relationship builder who will help others reach their goals through exercise while having fun.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes to accomplish the Campus Recreation department’s mission and goals.
- Creates a welcoming class environment for all fitness levels; encourages and motivates class members.
- Answers questions from participants to support them in achieving their healthy living and wellness goals.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; encourages connections with the Wake Forest community.
- Maintains accurate class attendance records.
- Maintains the group fitness equipment and fitness studios.
- Attends required trainings, workshops, and staff meetings.
- Participates in master classes, in-house trainings, and supports campus initiatives lead by Campus Recreation including special events.
- Follows Campus Recreation policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Possess or ability to obtain a current Fitness or Group Fitness related certification; maintains currency to remain as active staff (certifications accepted, but not limited to: ACE, AFAA, Les Mills, and YogaFit, Spinning®).
- Possess or ability to obtain First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
- Completion of hands-on training designed to supplement the knowledge and skills obtained via certification.
- Willing to seek additional training or certifications as needed to enhance leadership and instruction.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and independently direct time management.
- Ability to lead others and create an inclusive welcoming environment.
- Energetic and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work flexible hours, early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States