Welcome Desk Assistant (Part-time)
*Cover letter is required with application*
Summary: The Welcome Desk Assistant is the first point of contact for Campus Recreation participants and are responsible for the operations of the welcome desk in Reynolds Gymnasium (i.e. business operations, member management, facility access, equipment checkout, and guest services). This position also ensures excellent service to students, faculty, staff, community members and campus guests.
- Greets and welcomes patrons.
- Answers and refer questions from patrons.
- Answers telephone.
- Performs data entry and utilizes point of sale/membership management software system.
- Upholds and clearly communicates facility and university rules and regulations.
- Creates a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members of the campus community and guests.
- Maintains constant situational awareness of potential
- Attends staff meetings and required trainings.
- Performs customer service functions (i.e. program registration and sales, locker rentals, equipment checkout, facility access verification, retail sales and inventory).
- Processes payments (cash, check, or credit card) and issue receipts.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Cash handling experience.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Problem solving.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information and perform a wide range of duties that require tact, sensitivity, independent judgement, diplomacy, organizational skills, flexibility and discretion.
- Must be current or obtain First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associates Degree.
- Experience in a university environment.
- Experience in recreation and/or fitness.
- Experience with membership management software or point of sale system.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States