The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll, tax funding and reporting, deductions, and new employee processing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares biweekly payroll including journal entries, and monthly close payroll accounting reconciliations. Responsible for new hires within internally created CRM system and Great Plains accounting system.
- Assists with preparing reports, including standard and "At the moment" reports, queries and audits to ensure payroll data integrity.
- Prepares payroll-related month-end reports including anniversary, employees not paid, and turnover reports.
- Creates, reviews and reconciles Quarterly 940, 941, and SUTA tax filings, payments and Yearly W-2s.
- Responsible for proper workers comp coding, 401k and year-end payroll reports.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Analyzes new earnings and deduction codes to determine tax implications and whether special calculations are necessary.
- Periodically reviews and updates the CRM system to verify entries tie to Great Plains Accounting System.
- Monitor PTO Accruals and PTO taken.
- Assists HR Manager with Insurance, W/C, and TWC Claims/Reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Controller.
: Required Skills:
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Must be able to provide outstanding service to our internal Managers.
- Has a high degree of Reliability, Confidentiality, and Dependability.
Required Education/ Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience and education.
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within an In-House Payroll department working with internal payroll systems.
Corporate relocating service provider. We've been in business for 30 years and we also provide Office Furniture options and warehouse storage. We currently employ 275 employees.
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:43:34 PDT