Senior SQL Server DBA
This MS SQL Server DBA position is largely responsible for providing database services as well as development support to our organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a competent and highly motivated individual in this role. This is a production DBA role, as such it will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include the design, installation, monitoring, and performance tuning of production, test/development, and QA database environments while ensuring high levels of data availability. The DBA is also responsible for implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of our SQL databases and their accompanying software.
Our team is responsible for various instances in a mixed physical & virtual environment (VMware & HyperV) running SQL Server 2012 & 2014 & 2016. We're utilizing log shipping, transactional replication as well as high availability groups, have a large SSRS implementation and are in the process of improving our BI capabilities utilizing a data warehouse with SSAS. We support our internal & external operations and are an important partner for the development teams working on our mobile, web- and client server applications.
Essential Skills, Characteristics, & Experience
• A BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
• At least 3 years recent hands on experience in SQL Administration from SQL Server 2008 R2 onwards.
• Basic knowledge of Windows Server administration (incl. Active Directory) & an idea about proper disk configurations.
• Experience with SQL Server in both physical & virtual environments.
• Familiarity with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Experience utilizing various high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
• An interest in performance tuning along with a basic understanding of how to read execution plans.
• Experience working in an agile 24/7/365 environment.
• The ability to discuss database related topics with both technical & business audiences.
• Strong problem solving skills and a commitment to getting things done right.
• Eagerness to learn and help others.
Valued Skills & Experience
• Working with code repositories, done code reviews and heard of continuous integration/deployments before.
• A fan of automation with the ability to bring additional knowledge around this topic (e.g. Powershell etc.) to our team.
• Familiarity with one or more of the 3rd party products we use (Quest Spotlight/Litespeed, Redgate Toolbelt, SQLSentry Plan Explorer, TFS, Octopus Deploy, ServiceNow)
• Active in the SQL Server community (e.g. have a blog, go to user group meetings etc.).
• Thrive in a collaborative environment and are overall fun to be around.
• A spot in a tight-knit team of professionals who love SQL Server.
• A chance to work with a large variety of technologies across the SQL Server stack (if you ever thought about replicating into a high availability group that spans two separate datacenters - we do it).
• Focus on learning and development that will help further your career (our team members took classes with some of the best last year)
• Colleagues that will hold you to the highest standards and support you in doing your best work (we don't like quick & dirty solutions that work for now instead of doing what's right).
• A unique and casual work-environment (we do work hard but also like to have fun!).
• A competitive base salary.
• A comprehensive benefits package.
• Other great perks like on-site haircuts, massages and intramural sports.
Coyote is an at-will Employer.
Coyote is one of the best companies to work for in Chicago the Chicago Tribune has named us a Top Workplace for seven years running, and Built In Chicago ranked Coyote #9 on its list of Chicago's Top Digital Companies in 2016. From fundraising for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to sponsoring more than 100 intramural sports teams to offering unique workplace perks, our award-winning culture is entrepreneurial, vibrant, motivating, familial, fun..
Founded in 2006 to bring a better experience to the transportation industry, Coyote believes in doing the right thing every time for shippers, carriers, and each other. Coyote CEO Jeff Silver, along with the founding team that he recruited to join him, armed the business with the technology, industry experience, financial firepower, and No Excuses mentality that has made Coyote one of the leading companies in the industry.
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 07:03:48 PDT