Assistant Director of Admissions
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: August 3, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Assistant Director of Admissions
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Admissions Dept./Division of Student Access, Involvement, and Success
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Director of Admissions will have the following job functions and duties:
- The Assistant Director of Admissions is supervised by the Director of Admissions and supervises full-time employees, as well as part-time and student employees.
- Serve as the lead for the Office of Admissions, responsible for following up with any new technological developments, issues, concerns and/or troubleshooting problems that will affect Admissions functions/processes, including PeopleSoft and NOLIJ Document Imaging System.
- Perform regular testing for Admissions PeopleSoft functionality, before and after campus solutions bundle upgrades are implemented.
- Represent the Admissions Office at various meetings and committees when asked by the Director, including the PeopleSoft Leads Committee meetings.
- Back up for PeopleSoft Application Processing during Peak Registration and when there is a staff shortage.
- Coordinate the day to day operations of the Office of Admissions, including ensuring excellence in customer service delivery, applicant file review, student information entered on PeopleSoft and overall processing of application and documents.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate the work of Admissions Clerks, Receptionist, and Seasonal/Temporary employees to ensure accurate implementation of Office and College policies.
- Coordinate the activities and work flow of the Admissions Clerks, Receptionist and Seasonal Temp day to day, as well as during peak registration periods.
- Ensure timely, professional, and courteous follow-up with applicants and other colleagues.
- Supervise and coordinate the telecommunications operation (Admissions Call Center) for the purpose of responding to inquiries and maintaining contact with applicants to increase the yield from applicant to enrolled.
- Assist in the preparation of and participate in Admissions on campus events (i.e. Open Houses, Accepted Students Days, Saturday Enrollment Days, etc).
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions
- The scope of the job may require some evening and weekend work, primarily during the fall and spring semesters.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer services is required. Higher education, admissions, and/or enrollment management experience, and office operations experience is strongly preferred. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. The ability to understand, interpret, and analyze data and the business process needs of integrated functions in a complex administrative business system is preferred. The ability to translate data and business process needs between end users and programmers is also preferred. Competency in the use of query tools and application software such as PeopleSoft is strongly preferred. Effective supervisory skills are required. Customer service skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with others is required. Some data entry is required.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $56,660 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate: "CODE: IHE" and “Assistant Director of Admissions” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, New York 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning.