The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of appropriate food cost, quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The KM is also responsible for presenting the highest quality food to our guests while working in cooperation with the FOH. The kitchen manager reports to the restaurant manager.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils. Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items.
- Perform and reconcile monthly inventory.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills.
* Work well in fast-paced setting.
* At least two years experience in a similar capacity.
* Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
* FOH experience a plus.
* Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
* Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
Michael Preston was born in Quebec, a French-speaking province of Canada. His family moved to Ann Arbor, Michigan when he was in middle school. Michael grew up in a bilingual household, so when his new friends heard him speaking French with his mom, they started calling him Frenchy...and it stuck.
Shortly after high school, Frenchy and some friends took a vacation to Clearwater Beach, Florida. He loved it so much that he decided to stay and get a job at a local restaurant. Frenchy worked hard learning every job as he progressed from dishwasher to manager. After eight years in the industry, he was ready to make his dream a reality " opening his own restaurant.
Frenchy's goal was simple: to have a friendly, laid-back place where people could come to enjoy a cold drink and fresh seafood. So in 1981, Frenchy's Original Cafe, the quaint restaurant on a tiny side street, opened its doors to the beach community. The Cafe became an instant success, with lines of people stretching out the door on a daily basis. To ensure a constant source of fresh fish to the Cafe, Frenchy purchased a fleet of fishing boats and eventually opened Frenchy's Seafood Company. With these resources in place, Frenchy's became famous for its fresh Super Grouper sandwich, spawning the opening of three more Clearwater Beach Restaurants: Frenchy's Saltwater Cafe in 1989, Frenchy's Rockaway Grill in 1991 and Frenchy's South Beach Cafe in 2003. Three decades running, the Frenchy's restaurants are still regarded as a staple for delicious, fresh-from-the-Gulf seafood at reasonable prices in a fun and casual beach atmosphere.
In 2010, Frenchy continued building his mini empire on Clearwater Beach with the purchase of the former Olympia Motel, located on East Shore Drive. After months of extensive renovations, Frenchy's Oasis Motel opened, boasting a 15 unit waterfront property, classically designed in retro 60's, offering fantastic modern accommodations.
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:47:36 PDT