Technician, Senior IT (Computer Lab Support)
General Statement of Job
To monitor, maintain, install, and support networked servers, computer systems, and peripheral equipment; provides professional-level network support functions, and assists faculty, staff, and students in an academic lab environment.
Location Northridge Hours 40 hours per week as assigned Salary Technician 4/118 ($31,394.00 - $44,848.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Supervisor, Computer Support Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Administration and maintenance principles of network servers, relational databases, and web- and windows-based software applications.
- The structure and operating capabilities of one or more network operating systems.
- Network hardware, software, and peripheral equipment troubleshooting techniques.
- Network topologies and protocols, and technical Internet knowledgebase services.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Accountable for inventory/property management.
- Responding professionally, effectively, and efficiently to customer service requests.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Using scripting language for computer and web administration.
- Operating and maintaining computer and peripheral equipment safely and competently.
- Solving technical problems involving integrated operating systems and hardware platforms.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use network domains.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Work is performed in a variety of settings.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
- May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to focus.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of programming languages or knowledge of assistive hardware and software technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux systems administration a plus
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.