STATISTICAL ANALYSIS PROGRAMMER CALIFORNIA
Duties: This position will play an important role on the Positive Soldier Health project - exploring on a large scale the influence of psychological and physical health assets on illness, health care utilization and health care expenditure. The Army database is a massive database that presents many data analysis and publication opportunities, including hundreds of psychological, health, and performance variables on over one million Army soldiers. The worksite is an Army data center in Monterey, California.
* Create and execute statistical programs to generate analysis datasets from large digitized Army data assets. Program subroutines to clean, merge, sample, weight, and stratify data using array and table based query languages.
* Conduct descriptive and inferential statistical analysis and modeling (e.g., regression, survival analysis).
* Interpret and present statistical output, as well as communicate findings to project members. Draft method and results sections for peer review manuscripts. Prepare tables and figures collating data analysis results.
* Provide administrative support to create project documentation including obtaining, translating, and preparing codebooks, documenting files (project logs), and tracking analyses.
Qualifications: *Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. Master's or doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, health economics, psychology or a related field and at least 1-2 years of experience in statistical analysis programming with proficiency using SAS are strongly preferred. Experience using relational database software (Oracle SQL) or additional modeling software (MPlus, R, Stata) preferred.
* Experience working with large-scale data sets is required.
* Must have some understanding of the interface between mental and physical health. Experience modeling health and well-being outcomes is strongly preferred.
* Willing to travel to support the grant's research teams at several satellite locations around the United States, if needed.
* Able to work in a fast-paced work environment and meet deadlines.
* This position is located in Monterey, CA.
Reference Number: 02-26517
Salary Grade: C
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Positive Psychology Center
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology