Department Head, Engineering Technologies
Job Summary: Will be the first-line administrator of the department. Responsible for all issues related to the Engineering Technologies Department, such as curriculum, budget, personnel, class schedules, and student rights and responsibilities. The department head must actively recruit and mentor engineering/power industry majors, serve on faculty committees, and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervise professional full-time faculty and staff within the Engineering Technologies Department.
2. Provide advisement and services as needed in the collaborative efforts between the department and the OSU-OKC Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Division.
3. Teaching load of 12 credit hours per semester with a 3 credit hour release time for department head duties (Fall & Spring). There is no teaching assignment required during the Summer semester.
4. Participate in any grant related activities of your department or the Division.
5. Supervise the development/distribution of department publications.
6. Coordinate development of an appropriate and efficient class schedule each semester.
7. Coordinate with transfer institutions in the articulation of courses and/or degree programs.
8. Remain current with theory and practice in engineering, coordinate and monitor professional growth activities for faculty.
9. Develop a proposed budget for submission to the Division Head of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and recommend all budget expenditures to the Division Head.
10. Coordinate the recruitment, selection, and recommendation of adjunct faculty and actively participate in the selection of fulltime faculty.
11. Develop and monitor faculty teaching loads.
12. Evaluate faculty.
13. Supervise textbook selection.
14. Supervise implementation of the Student Success Model for retention.
15. Supervise implementation of assessment model.
16. Participate in an active advisory board for degree programs.
17. Establish and maintain effective cooperation and coordination with all other divisions, departments, and support units on campus.
18. Assist the continuing education department, giving ideas regarding engineering courses, workshops, and/or programs.
19. Participate in professional organizations.
20. Performs maintenance, inventory, and a current replacement plan for electronics equipment.
21. Effectively perform other assigned duties, as needed.
Hiring Range:(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate