Limited Term Staff Assistant
Limited Term Staff Assistant
Position Number: 53072359
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 08/15/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Limited Term Staff Assistant in the Center for Teaching, Learning, & Leadership. This one-year, limited term staff assistant will provide graphic design, communications, and marketing expertise for the busy Center of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership, as well as offer some assistance for the Office of Research, Economic Development, and Community Engagement. This person will also contribute to event planning. Duties will include design, maintenance, and enhancement of websites, advertising, and announcements. Requires attention to detail and polished writing skills. This position will provide office administration help, support budgeting and purchasing, take photographs, and help with additional work for CTLL personnel, as needed. Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to other UNG campuses.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Staff Assistant will:
- Disseminate information via website, social media accounts, and print media. Enhance visual brand of CTLL primarily within UNG, but also externally. Compose variety of documents, such as emails, letters, spreadsheets, flyers. Employ a variety of software programs to write, design, and present in paper and electronic forms. Graphic design and writing of department communications.
- Plan and support planning of events on multiple campuses. Use virtual event management system with precision. Requires attention to detail and knowledge correct grammar and appropriate style for academic environment. Ability to communicate effectively with students,staff, faculty, & administrators.
- Perform general office duties for CTLL, interacting with all who use programs and services. Respond to inquiries and questions with diplomacy and warmth.
- Work primarily on Gainesville campus with occasional travel to other UNG campuses.
- Perform additional duties for CTLL, as needed.
- Be responsible for knowledge of and adherence to UNG and departmental policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong skills in Microsoft software, including Excel and Publisher
- Understanding of website construction and enhancement
- Prefer knowledge of Cascade and InDesign
- Ability to do graphic design, write business correspondence, and communicate effectively verbally
- Math skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to evolving standards. Excellent grammatical and style skills
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Earned Bachelor's Degree or equivalent coursework
- Minimum one (1) year office experience of equivalent
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.