Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division
Posting Date: 08-03-2017
The Division of Nephrology is looking for an Intermediate Administrative Assistant to join a proactive and progressive Administrative team, supporting a variety of clinical and research faculty. The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn and use up to date technology and computer applications, to effectively and efficiently manage work flow and physician administrative needs.
This position provides excellent customer service to physicians, external customers and fellow team members in a fast-paced, academic office. Duties include administrative support for physician faculty members, travel booking and reimbursement and serving as the Division Timekeeper. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is essential, as is the ability to work within a team of administrative support professionals, ensuring consistent excellence and constant process improvement.
This position is restricted therefore contingent upon funding.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. General office administrative skills.
2. Ability to maintain professional calendars with frequent changes.
3. Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse group of physicians, patients, and staff.
4. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
5. Ability to learn and use up to date technology and computer applications, to effectively and efficiently manage work flow and physician administrative needs.
6. Ability to initiate, prioritize, and complete diverse tasks, on schedule and with accuracy, in a fast paced environment.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team of administrative professionals.
8. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82461