Systems Engineering Associate
Working Title: Systems Engineering Associate
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 08-03-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Systems Engineering Associate supports Facilities Management goal of providing consistent, cost effective, efficient, reliable, and sustainable systems and services in support of the University's mission. This position provides professional analysis and information systems development and maintenance. The Systems Engineering Associate identifies and analyzes data patterns and trends to determine areas of opportunity for building utility use or maintenance of systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability analyzing, developing, integrating, and managing a variety of large-scale data sets.
2. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to assess needs and compile requirements.
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and apply critical thinking and sound judgment.
4. Demonstrated self-organization and time management skills.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82452