2017-18 Non-FWS Maintenance Tech
The General Maintenance Worker: will fix and maintain machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings. This individual will paint, repair flooring, and work on plumbing, electrical, and air-conditioning and heating systems. In the event of an emergency he/she may be called to support necessary tasks in association with that emergency. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but management may identify other responsibilities of the position as needed
- Performs light maintenance service under the auspices of a qualified skilled trades-person, including plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs or installations, or vehicle servicing.
- Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, installing paper dispenser units, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman. Cleans and lubricates parts identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight. Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner. Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments. Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. May be required to assist with special events. May drive a cart or other vehicle, assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard tasks
- May be required to inventory equipment, parts and supplies.
- May repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Must be a current Saint Leo student in good standing
Close vision, Color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
Significant walking or other means of mobility. Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
Ability to work in tight and/or elevated locations (lifts, rooftops, ladders)
May be required to climb ladders of up to 36 feet Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds
Job ID 2017-1586
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo