2017-18 Non-FWS Groundskeeper
The Groundskeeper is responsible for landscaping and maintaining assigned areas. Maintenance of the assigned areas includes keeping the grounds in clean and orderly condition. The Groundskeeper is responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of grounds areas as well as specific detailing of the landscape and flowerbeds
- Mows lawns and trims grass around walks, flower beds and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth.
- Removes damaged leaves, branches, and twigs using mowers, tractors and other hand and power tools.
- Lays out and tends flower beds or other decorative vegetation.
- Maintains and sharpens tools and makes minor repairs on equipment, as needed.
- Plants, fertilizes, waters, repair/replace parts on irrigation system and uses herbicides and insecticides to maintain grass, flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Removes snow and ice from walks and driveways.
- Spreads salt, picks up litter, rakes, bags and burns of leaves.
- Cleans drainage ditches and culverts.
- Maintains driveways and parking lots.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls, walks and outbuildings using carpentry, masonry and painting tools.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance on gardening and grounds equipment.
- Operates assorted power equipement
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Current Saint Leo student in good standing
2 or more years of related work experience
Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds
Job ID 2017-1585
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo