2017-18 Non-FWS Houskeeper
The Housekeeper may work in any location on premises. This individual cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Saint Leo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements
- Cleans offices, patients'/residents' rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and university standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies.
- May shampoo and cleans carpets or buff and polish floors which will require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May be required to operate Xerox Equipment
- May be responsible for taking inventory and supporting product ordering process.
- Assist in training employees.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Current Saint Leo employee in good standing
- Ability to keep a positive attitude
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally 40 pounds
Job ID 2017-1587
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo